Apart from the miraculous characteristics of the Qur’an which we have looked into so far, it also contains what we can term “mathematical miracles.” There are many examples of this fascinating Qur’anic aspect. One example of this is the number of repetitions of certain words in the Qur’an. Some related words are surprisingly repeated the same number of times.
Below is a list of such words and the number of repetitions in the Qur’an.
1-The statement of “seven heavens” is repeated seven times. “The creation of the heavens (khalq as-samawat)” is also repeated seven times.
2-“Day (yawm)” is repeated 365 times in singular form, while its plural and dual forms “days (ayyam and yawmayn)” together are repeated 30 times. The number of repetitions of the word “month” (shahar) is 12.
3-The number of repetitions of the words “plant” and “tree” is the same: 26
4-The word “payment or reward” is repeated 117 times, while the expression “forgiveness” (mughfirah), which is one of the basic morals of the Qur’an, is repeated exactly twice that amount, 234 times.
5-When we count the word “Say,” we find it appears 332 times. We arrive at the same figure when we count the phrase “they said.”
6-The number of times the words, “world” (dunya) and “hereafter” (akhira) are repeated is also the same: 115
7-The word “satan” (shaitan) is used in the Qur’an 88 times, as is the word “angels” (malaika).
8-The word faith (iman) (without genitive) is repeated 25 times throughout the Qur’an as is also the word infidelity (kufr).
9-The words “paradise” and “hell” are each repeated 77 times.
10-The word “zakah” is repeated in the Qur’an 32 times and the number of repetitions of the word “blessing” (barakah) is also 32.
11-The expression “the righteous” (al-abraar) is used 6 times but “the wicked” (al-fujjaar) is used half as much, i.e., 3 times.
12-The number of times the words “Summer-hot” and “winter-cold” are repeated is the same: 5.
13-The words “wine” (khamr) and “intoxication” (saqara) are repeated in the Qur’an the same number of times: 6
14-The number of appearances of the words “mind” and “light” is the same: 49.
15-The words “tongue” and “sermon” are both repeated 25 times.
16-The words “benefit” and “corrupt” both appear 50 times.
17-“Reward” (ajr) and “action” (fail) are both repeated 107 times.
18-“Love” (al-mahabbah) and “obedience” (al-ta’ah) also appear the same number of times: 83
19-The words “refuge” (maseer) and “for ever” (abadan) appear the same number of times in the Qur’an: 28.
20-The words “disaster” (al-musibah) and “thanks” (al-shukr) appear the same number of times in the Qur’an: 75.
21-“Sun” (shams) and “light” (nur) both appear 33 times in the Qur’an.
The number of appearances of “right guidance” (al-huda) and “mercy” (al-rahma) is the same: 79
The words “trouble” and “peace” are both repeated 13 times in the Qur’an.
The words “man” and “woman” are also employed equally: 23 times.
Will they not ponder the Qur’an? If it had been from other than Allah, they would have found many inconsistencies in it.
The number of times the words “man” and “woman” are repeated in the Qur’an, 23, is at the same time that of the chromosomes from the egg and sperm in the formation of the human embryo. The total number of human chromosomes is 46; 23 each from the mother and father.
"Treachery" (khiyanah) is repeated 16 times, while the number of repetitions of the word "foul" (khabith) is 16.
"Human being" is used 65 times: the sum of the number of references to the stages of man’s creation is the same: i.e.
Human being 65
Soil (turab) 17
Drop of Sperm (nutfah) 12
Embryo (‘alaq) 6
A half formed lump of flesh (mudghah) 3
Bone (‘idham) 15
Flesh (lahm) 12
The word “salawat” appear five times in the Qur’an, and Allah has commanded man to perform the prayer (salat) five times a day.
The word “land” appears 13 times in the Qur’an and the word “sea” 32 times, giving a total of 45 references. If we divide that number by that of the number of references to the land we arrive at the figure 28.888888888889%. The number of total references to land and sea, 45, divided by the number of references to the sea in the Qur’an, 32, is 71.111111111111%. Extraordinarily
- striving4akhirah likes this
- bubblyn13 reblogged this from islamicway
- bubblyn13 likes this
- idreamcatch likes this
- mynovavida reblogged this from islaminpics
- nadiakaera reblogged this from steelmagnolialady
- steelmagnolialady reblogged this from iffaoh
- iffaoh reblogged this from souada
- resources-and-other-tidbits reblogged this from apnasahara
- between-your-poetic-braids-i-lie reblogged this from muhaajer
- blackcurtainaboveyourmind likes this
- islam4me likes this
- dustyrosepetal reblogged this from darknessandlight
- darknessandlight reblogged this from nafeytaffy
- isytiyaaaq reblogged this from maktooub
- isytiyaaaq likes this
- athoug likes this
- watchthelightfade likes this
- imrunningmymouth reblogged this from apnasahara
- theyhunghimonacross likes this
- green-grass-pink-lillies likes this
- shinkhalai likes this
- misterchristofelees reblogged this from apnasahara
- apnasahara reblogged this from thepeacefulterrorist
- aroutinemania reblogged this from am-inormal
- astrid42 reblogged this from sandrakoala
- totesbrinkulating reblogged this from garyprestons
- callmepuffin likes this
- garyprestons reblogged this from kate-dammit-run
- bintpakistan reblogged this from karmakaram
- bintpakistan likes this
- samra-t reblogged this from allahonmymind
- samra-t likes this
- aestheticgrace reblogged this from waffleandchickenlegs
- asilio reblogged this from yourcupofcoffee
- lightsofcanopus reblogged this from waffleandchickenlegs
- lightsofcanopus likes this
- dinosaurraaawrx reblogged this from ummabdulghani
- waffleandchickenlegs reblogged this from thephilyptian
- lostmymindinseoul likes this
- yasanthi reblogged this from allahonmymind
- silentyetloud likes this
- thephilyptian reblogged this from annoush
- annoush reblogged this from belamour28
- hungryghoast likes this
- elnoore likes this
- kurdistac likes this
- mariiyumyum likes this
- yo-cee likes this
- fashionandsimplicity reblogged this from muslimastarvingfortruth