Apart from the miraculous characteristics of the Qur’an which we have looked into so far, it also contains what we can term “mathematical miracles.” There are many examples of this fascinating Qur’anic aspect. One example of this is the number of repetitions of certain words in the Qur’an. Some related words are surprisingly repeated the same number of times.
Below is a list of such words and the number of repetitions in the Qur’an.
1-The statement of “seven heavens” is repeated seven times. “The creation of the heavens (khalq as-samawat)” is also repeated seven times.
2-“Day (yawm)” is repeated 365 times in singular form, while its plural and dual forms “days (ayyam and yawmayn)” together are repeated 30 times. The number of repetitions of the word “month” (shahar) is 12.
3-The number of repetitions of the words “plant” and “tree” is the same: 26
4-The word “payment or reward” is repeated 117 times, while the expression “forgiveness” (mughfirah), which is one of the basic morals of the Qur’an, is repeated exactly twice that amount, 234 times.
5-When we count the word “Say,” we find it appears 332 times. We arrive at the same figure when we count the phrase “they said.”
6-The number of times the words, “world” (dunya) and “hereafter” (akhira) are repeated is also the same: 115
7-The word “satan” (shaitan) is used in the Qur’an 88 times, as is the word “angels” (malaika).
8-The word faith (iman) (without genitive) is repeated 25 times throughout the Qur’an as is also the word infidelity (kufr).
9-The words “paradise” and “hell” are each repeated 77 times.
10-The word “zakah” is repeated in the Qur’an 32 times and the number of repetitions of the word “blessing” (barakah) is also 32.
11-The expression “the righteous” (al-abraar) is used 6 times but “the wicked” (al-fujjaar) is used half as much, i.e., 3 times.
12-The number of times the words “Summer-hot” and “winter-cold” are repeated is the same: 5.
13-The words “wine” (khamr) and “intoxication” (saqara) are repeated in the Qur’an the same number of times: 6
14-The number of appearances of the words “mind” and “light” is the same: 49.
15-The words “tongue” and “sermon” are both repeated 25 times.
16-The words “benefit” and “corrupt” both appear 50 times.
17-“Reward” (ajr) and “action” (fail) are both repeated 107 times.
18-“Love” (al-mahabbah) and “obedience” (al-ta’ah) also appear the same number of times: 83
19-The words “refuge” (maseer) and “for ever” (abadan) appear the same number of times in the Qur’an: 28.
20-The words “disaster” (al-musibah) and “thanks” (al-shukr) appear the same number of times in the Qur’an: 75.
21-“Sun” (shams) and “light” (nur) both appear 33 times in the Qur’an.
The number of appearances of “right guidance” (al-huda) and “mercy” (al-rahma) is the same: 79
The words “trouble” and “peace” are both repeated 13 times in the Qur’an.
The words “man” and “woman” are also employed equally: 23 times.
Will they not ponder the Qur’an? If it had been from other than Allah, they would have found many inconsistencies in it.
The number of times the words “man” and “woman” are repeated in the Qur’an, 23, is at the same time that of the chromosomes from the egg and sperm in the formation of the human embryo. The total number of human chromosomes is 46; 23 each from the mother and father.
"Treachery" (khiyanah) is repeated 16 times, while the number of repetitions of the word "foul" (khabith) is 16.
"Human being" is used 65 times: the sum of the number of references to the stages of man’s creation is the same: i.e.
Human being 65
Soil (turab) 17
Drop of Sperm (nutfah) 12
Embryo (‘alaq) 6
A half formed lump of flesh (mudghah) 3
Bone (‘idham) 15
Flesh (lahm) 12
The word “salawat” appear five times in the Qur’an, and Allah has commanded man to perform the prayer (salat) five times a day.
The word “land” appears 13 times in the Qur’an and the word “sea” 32 times, giving a total of 45 references. If we divide that number by that of the number of references to the land we arrive at the figure 28.888888888889%. The number of total references to land and sea, 45, divided by the number of references to the sea in the Qur’an, 32, is 71.111111111111%. Extraordinarily
- samiwinchesterbitches likes this
- milagzim likes this
- euphoricx likes this
- realistic--optimist reblogged this from zahraajawad
- ukhtinniqab reblogged this from niqabi-muslimah and added:
- wrappedupinmyownhopelessthoughts likes this
- zarah-malik likes this
- aiishiii reblogged this from aarif-waqar
- softly-love likes this
- ro0f reblogged this from imeismei
- ro0f likes this
- modidoody reblogged this from imeismei
- modidoody likes this
- triumphantskies reblogged this from etherealisticallyplain
- envincibly-golden reblogged this from maimizzle
- etherealisticallyplain reblogged this from flza
- shammiahmed reblogged this from zwamboobs
- sugajoj reblogged this from imeismei
- imeismei reblogged this from resilient-hearts
- crogasmicc likes this
- not-your-average-hipster reblogged this from killwhitecrackers
- bloodandthvnder likes this
- killwhitecrackers reblogged this from devoted-to-islam
- killwhitecrackers likes this
- ninjaoftruth likes this
- ozleemk likes this
- someformofclarity likes this
- lenoiire reblogged this from niqabi-muslimah
- punjaban-in-suburbia reblogged this from devoted-to-islam
- punjaban-in-suburbia likes this
- midnightblues1716 reblogged this from hello-its-just-me
- holy-m0ly likes this
- thatshortbrowngirl likes this
- melancholy-lilac reblogged this from fatenista
- thesynchros reblogged this from zwamboobs
- queens-conquer likes this
- asselx likes this
- happyfrancesca likes this
- a-kernel-with-no-shell reblogged this from jannahthoughts
- mixxedvibes likes this
- vixen-xanthippe likes this
- dreamingofheartandrockets reblogged this from flza
- hale-tant reblogged this from flza
- nsomerhalderement likes this
- flza reblogged this from thegirlwhodidnothing
- jasminaks likes this
- y0urstrulyxox reblogged this from caliginousthoughts
- y0urstrulyxox likes this
- meltingcheeze likes this
- bahiyab reblogged this from zwamboobs