Apart from the miraculous characteristics of the Qur’an which we have looked into so far, it also contains what we can term “mathematical miracles.” There are many examples of this fascinating Qur’anic aspect. One example of this is the number of repetitions of certain words in the Qur’an. Some related words are surprisingly repeated the same number of times.
Below is a list of such words and the number of repetitions in the Qur’an.
1-The statement of “seven heavens” is repeated seven times. “The creation of the heavens (khalq as-samawat)” is also repeated seven times.
2-“Day (yawm)” is repeated 365 times in singular form, while its plural and dual forms “days (ayyam and yawmayn)” together are repeated 30 times. The number of repetitions of the word “month” (shahar) is 12.
3-The number of repetitions of the words “plant” and “tree” is the same: 26
4-The word “payment or reward” is repeated 117 times, while the expression “forgiveness” (mughfirah), which is one of the basic morals of the Qur’an, is repeated exactly twice that amount, 234 times.
5-When we count the word “Say,” we find it appears 332 times. We arrive at the same figure when we count the phrase “they said.”
6-The number of times the words, “world” (dunya) and “hereafter” (akhira) are repeated is also the same: 115
7-The word “satan” (shaitan) is used in the Qur’an 88 times, as is the word “angels” (malaika).
8-The word faith (iman) (without genitive) is repeated 25 times throughout the Qur’an as is also the word infidelity (kufr).
9-The words “paradise” and “hell” are each repeated 77 times.
10-The word “zakah” is repeated in the Qur’an 32 times and the number of repetitions of the word “blessing” (barakah) is also 32.
11-The expression “the righteous” (al-abraar) is used 6 times but “the wicked” (al-fujjaar) is used half as much, i.e., 3 times.
12-The number of times the words “Summer-hot” and “winter-cold” are repeated is the same: 5.
13-The words “wine” (khamr) and “intoxication” (saqara) are repeated in the Qur’an the same number of times: 6
14-The number of appearances of the words “mind” and “light” is the same: 49.
15-The words “tongue” and “sermon” are both repeated 25 times.
16-The words “benefit” and “corrupt” both appear 50 times.
17-“Reward” (ajr) and “action” (fail) are both repeated 107 times.
18-“Love” (al-mahabbah) and “obedience” (al-ta’ah) also appear the same number of times: 83
19-The words “refuge” (maseer) and “for ever” (abadan) appear the same number of times in the Qur’an: 28.
20-The words “disaster” (al-musibah) and “thanks” (al-shukr) appear the same number of times in the Qur’an: 75.
21-“Sun” (shams) and “light” (nur) both appear 33 times in the Qur’an.
The number of appearances of “right guidance” (al-huda) and “mercy” (al-rahma) is the same: 79
The words “trouble” and “peace” are both repeated 13 times in the Qur’an.
The words “man” and “woman” are also employed equally: 23 times.
Will they not ponder the Qur’an? If it had been from other than Allah, they would have found many inconsistencies in it.
The number of times the words “man” and “woman” are repeated in the Qur’an, 23, is at the same time that of the chromosomes from the egg and sperm in the formation of the human embryo. The total number of human chromosomes is 46; 23 each from the mother and father.
“Treachery” (khiyanah) is repeated 16 times, while the number of repetitions of the word “foul” (khabith) is 16.
“Human being” is used 65 times: the sum of the number of references to the stages of man’s creation is the same: i.e.
Human being 65
Soil (turab) 17
Drop of Sperm (nutfah) 12
Embryo (‘alaq) 6
A half formed lump of flesh (mudghah) 3
Bone (‘idham) 15
Flesh (lahm) 12
The word “salawat” appear five times in the Qur’an, and Allah has commanded man to perform the prayer (salat) five times a day.
The word “land” appears 13 times in the Qur’an and the word “sea” 32 times, giving a total of 45 references. If we divide that number by that of the number of references to the land we arrive at the figure 28.888888888889%. The number of total references to land and sea, 45, divided by the number of references to the sea in the Qur’an, 32, is 71.111111111111%. Extraordinarily
- psychologicalstudiesblogbykog reblogged this from iloveyouuuubyafricanmuslimah
- infiniteregretness likes this
- i-mahu reblogged this from i-mahu
- fromseatomountain reblogged this from cav-rashe
- liletsicat likes this
- smilelivepray likes this
- ilovebromance likes this
- umakesmehappycry reblogged this from lovehijab
- stuffedshark likes this
- platonicsolids reblogged this from subhanallah
- productionerror likes this
- riyazsworld reblogged this from asmilesacharity
- putralam reblogged this from islamicway
- theforde reblogged this from lujainyeojinoh
- travelerstears likes this
- lujainyeojinoh reblogged this from allahthemerciful and added:
- ileftmyhijabintokyo reblogged this from thatmuslim-artist-loser and added:
- blueanimestar101 likes this
- dreaming-of-osaka reblogged this from hopeful-muslimah
- lazyzz reblogged this from thegirlwhodidnothing
- mrary reblogged this from a1maha
- toofragiletobreak likes this
- love-life-wisdom reblogged this from muslimahdaily
- muslimahdaily reblogged this from elle-nereid
- aciah likes this
- enfant-defleur reblogged this from dimani-sarah-1gdm
- merciful85 likes this
- dimani-sarah-1gdm reblogged this from muslimahinphilly
- muslimahinphilly reblogged this from its-dhikr-time
- amandathepandaxoxo reblogged this from pinkhijabii
- pinkhijabii reblogged this from islamicway
- eimmin likes this
- its-dhikr-time reblogged this from laviajero
- margarita-cansino likes this
- lailaxoxo reblogged this from roudahalnoaimi
- i-amjad likes this
- albasrix reblogged this from shooryy
- wishingliberty likes this
- d0ktar reblogged this from sweetyhijabgirl
- farrow18 reblogged this from laviajero
- mozaalmeraikhi reblogged this from artistic-lust
- zaraonlinediary reblogged this from zzzahrah
- emergingadult likes this
- shinemoonnear likes this
- zarasvoice reblogged this from laviajero
- zarasvoice likes this
- ninjac4t likes this
- nanaheema reblogged this from ruminations-of-a-jaded-soul
- leja-leja likes this
- kadituw reblogged this from imessi